Congratulations, you made it through another Open! Now it’s time to start training for 2014. In the meantime, check out this week’s top ten articles.
1. Cook Your Own Food. Eat What You Want. (Think for Yourself.)
Chef Michael Ruhlman encourages listening to your body post-meal to understand what you can and cannot handle.
2. Twelve Time Management Habits to Master in 2013
As a gym owner and coach, it can sometimes be hard to strike the perfect work/life balance. Time management is key to finding balance.
3. Gymnastics: Building the Foundation
“A lack of commitment to fundamentals will doom any training program and dilute the efficacy of both athlete and coach.”
4. An Analysis of the Hormonal Response to Functional Fitness
A new study from the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research shows that workouts may actually lower cortisol levels.
5. In the Gym with Rudy Nielsen, Elite Coach
An interview with the creator of The Outlaw Way, Rudy Nielsen.
6. Why The Gym Is Becoming The New Center For Business
“The gym has quietly grown as a new center for business, where aspiring partners in commerce can work off stress while making connections that follow them right back to the office.”
7. Make Your Website Rock: 3 Tools
Does your website need a facelift? Check out these 3 free tools to boost traffic and engagement.
8. Behind the Branding: Roy Dean
Your gym’s brand communicates a certain meaning to potential clients. Be mindful of what you design and choose.
9. How Firing Clients Can Positively Impact Your Bottom Line
NorCal Strength and Conditioning’s Nicki Violetti outlines 3 types of clients that need to be fired and how that can positively impact your gym’s community.
10. Train Like A Champion: Technique, Habits, and Positivity
Dedicating time to proper technique work is crucial for optimal performance.