Krista and Ahmik from the SoCal box in San Diego has 200 members and drop some knowledge.
What do you do better than anything else?
– Doctor on staff and customize WODs depending on peoples’ musculoskeletal issues
– Encourage a family atmosphere
What do you do to make your clients feel like they exist?
– Send postcards to athletes when they PR
– Acknowledge athletes when they improve
How do you help your coaches feel like they’re part of the business?
– They encourage their coaches to run their business under the SoCal affiliate umbrella, sort of like a Co-op
– Coaches make 100% of fundamentals course and the affiliate doesn’t make money until athlete becomes a regular customer
Andrew from Sandy wants to know what struggles you’ve faced while growing your box?
– Space issues – be and pick good neighbors
– Too big for your current space, should you take the plunge? They did; it worked but they had to up the marketing hard.
What do you want to know from other gym owners?
– What marketing techniques have worked for you?
– Todd at the Rocklin affiliate talks about successful marketing techniques for box owners
– Craig in Diablo shares marketing tips for box owners
– Mike from Oakland provides insight into his marketing techniques at his box
– Michael at the Tamalpais affiliate has some great marketing tactics that have worked for his box
(The video cuts off at the end because my memory card was full, but I got the whole inteview.)