Krista and Ahmik from CrossFit SoCal in San Diego has 200 members and drop some knowledge.
What do you do better than anything else?
- Doctor on staff and customize WODs depending on peoples’ musculoskeletal issues
- Encourage a family atmosphere
What do you do to make your clients feel like they exist?
- Send postcards to athletes when they PR
- Acknowledge athletes when they improve
How do you help your coaches feel like they’re part of the business?
- They encourage their coaches to run their business under the CrossFit SoCal umbrella, sort of like a Co-op
- Coaches make 100% of fundamentals course and CrossFit Socal doesn’t make money until athlete becomes a regular customer
Andrew from CrossFit Sandy wants to know what struggles you’ve faced while growing your CrossFit Gym?
- Space issues – be and pick good neighbors
- Too big for your current space, should you take the plunge? They did; it worked but they had to up the marketing hard.
What do you want to know from other gym owners?
- What marketing techniques have worked for you?
- Todd at Rocklin CrossFit talks about successful marketing techniques for CrossFit gym owners
- Craig at Diablo CrossFit shares marketing tips for CrossFit gym owners
- Mike at CrossFit Oakland provides insight into his marketing techniques at his CrossFit Gym
- Michael at CrossFit Tamalpais has some great marketing tactics that have worked for his CrossFit box
(The video cuts off at the end because my memory card was full, but I got the whole inteview.)